Old September 7th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Where have all the knitters gone ?

On Sep 6, 7:19*am, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
On 9/3/2010 10:57 PM, mirjam wrote:

I am very busy trying to sew up a new summer wardrobe ( we wear summer
clothes right until the end of October here in the Big Easy). *I have
sufficient dressy clothes, but, having been sick off and on for quite a
while, my everyday clothes are all falling apart.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Olwyn Mary
i wish you HEALTH *HEALTH AND MORE HEALTH
i hope you enjoy sewing , i do not know if you wear skirts ?
I do , and i enjoy making skirts with matching shirts ,,,,
mirjam

Hi Mirjam, thank you for the good wishes.

I wear whatever the occasion seems to call for. *Sometimes it is a
skirt, sometimes not. *Lately I have been making several pairs of loose,
flowing, wide pants out of rayon challis. *Nice and airy in hot weather,
but able to stop the draft when I go into an overly air conditioned
building. *Yes, I have been making tops to go with them. *Next, I need
to make some winter weight pants (about the weight I called summer pants
in England) plus some vests - waistcoats - to go with the existing
skirts and blouses. *I have also been making some hats - small, compact,
but covering my head in the sun. *Mostly straw hats so far, but I have
patterns for some canvas ones and some satin ones for dressier
occasions, when I want a hat but my very large ones would not be
appropriate.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I think your weather terms are closer to mine ...
mirjam