Old November 27th 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Grub

Default Socks

On Nov 26, 10:58*am, Juno B wrote:
Hi all,
I'm back to tell you that my friend came over on Monday and got me
started on 4 needle socks. She had taken me shopping for new yarn and
larger needles first. Once she showed me how to get going, everything
fell into place.She said she thought the woman in the yarn shop steered
me wrong on what to buy. She tried using my original yarn and needles
and said she, who is an experienced sock and mitten maker, was having
trouble. When *spring comes and I return to Cape Cod I'll tell the woman
in the yarn shop out there that I was unhappy with her service and as a
result she has lost someone who would have been a frequent and good
customer.I'll do my shopping here at home first and bring my projects
with me when I go to Cape Cod.
Hugs to all,
Juno

Juno, the woman in the yarn shop in all probability suggested what
worked best for her. Why not first tell her what sort of difficulties
you had and see if you can figure out why? Maybe she holds her yarn
completely different -- etc.

Good luck with the socks.