Old February 17th 05, 03:10 AM
Polly Esther

I considered an iron-on help and also toyed with a dotting of simple
wash-away glue but was in a "Purity" mode. We don't know the long term
effects of some things and this was a quilt I hope will be around a long
time, a "Sunday Best" beauty. It just may be my first and only. Making
quilts in the category of "to be loved to pieces" is just heaps more fun.
Polly

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote When I attach my binding onto my quilt, I
first iron 1/4" Steam A Seam to
the folded edge (the side that folds to the back), then I stitch my

binding
on with my machine, press the folded edge to the back side & voila! I hand
stitch the binding & it doesn't need to be pinned or clipped. I used to

use
those barrette hair clips, but I just love this method - it's quick & easy
for me.