Old August 13th 07, 11:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Has anyone here

Shillelagh wrote:
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply"
wrote in message ...
And what do they think this newsgroup is?

Wow, that's sounding a little "sniffy".....
It's entirely possible "they" have never been here. It's
a young couple who have quit their day jobs to set the
Ravelry group up and people are lining up to join.

From what I'm understanding, there's going to be a
lot more going on there than here. Ever since we got bombarded
by those idiot spammers last year, most of the people that were on
this group migrated over to a completely closed Yahoo group.

Before you get too snotty about it, try reading their blog (link
posted by someone else in another post) to get an idea of what
they're about. Both groups can co-exist quite comfortably.

Shelagh

I read the About Page at the site and was surprised to see access will be
free.....not sure who there web host is but with the kind traffic they are
getting now and appears in the future I have doubts they will be able to
keep it free......my host charges extra if I go over my bandwidth and I have
seen other sites that have been down for days because they were over the
limit. Looking at the screen shots it looks really neat.

Donna