Old August 13th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Has anyone here

Well I agree with you but have found over the last 9 years that most people
are afraid of the public newsgroups and therefore started with web based
message boards/blogs. I am a member of a Baby Surprise Jacket group at
yahoo but that is all the time I have. I prefer the public groups and the
only drawback here is it's not a combo bin/text group...that would be
perfect IMO we could post pictures of our stuff and also make comments all
in the same placeG Also the public groups are faster then web based and I
hate all the fluff....ads and moving graphics. I have a knitting blog but
only for my projects...I never intend it to be a message board.

Oh for those interested I did a search and found the founders blog which has
a bunch of interesting stuff about what the deal is:

http://www.frecklegirl.com/blog/category/ravelry/

Donna

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
And what do they think this newsgroup is?

Shillelagh wrote:

I think it looks like it will be a great place to communicate with
"crafty" people all
over the world, as well as fun things like viewing other peoples
stashes and works
in progress, etc.etc.