Old December 21st 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Julia in MN

Default Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220

Sally Swindells wrote:
As far as I'm concerned a machine bought for a quilter needs a big harp
area. I tend to stick with lap quilt size quilts and would still find
problems manouvering on anything smaller. I've looked at Berninas when
I've passed them in shops and always thought how small they are!

That's true if the quilter is going to do the quilting on that machine.
If all she is going to do is piece, the smaller machine may be okay. The
larger harp area is not so important if all the quilts will be quilted
by hand or sent out for quilting. And if she wants to take the machine
to classes and retreats, the smaller machine may be perfect. I don't
think I'd want to lug a Janome 6600 to a class or retreat.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/