Old November 16th 03, 01:56 AM
Joanna

My first quilt was a quit panel of a clown, baby size. It had lots of
bright red and other bright colors as well. I thought it had to have
ruffles on it. Didn't all baby quilts have ruffles?? No, but I didn't
know that. So I did it by hand and cursed at it a lot. I usued poly
batting, and only quilted around the clown. Didn't know you had to
actually do so much quilting so the batting doesn't bunch up in spots
after washing, and it did. The child that inherited that quilt though is
now 6 yrs old and still won't give it up. It's in good shape except the
bunching of the batting and I laugh every time I see it but it still
brings her joy so I don't feel so bad.

I try now to use fabric like cheap one sided fleece or anything I can as
batting so I can quilt how I want and not have to worry. I love it cuz I
make mine to be used and the more they get used the happier it makes me.
I have also never made another baby blanket with ruffles on it. Now I
know you can buy pre-made ruffles. The things I've learned since the
internet have actually encouraged me to continue learning. If I didn't
have this group I probably would have given up quilting after the second
one.
Take Care
Joanna
remove quilt to reply