Old June 24th 09, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default So - what are you stitching

On 6/23/09 2:58 PM, in article
, "Nancy"
wrote:

On Jun 23, 9:06?am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/23/09 8:50 AM, in article
, "Nancy"

wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:23?am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a
little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

While I haven't stitched since before the deluge last week,
I've been working on Little House Needelworks "The
Bookshelf."
I've spent my time cleaning up the yard and the
basement after 4 inches of rain in less than 6 hours
made quite a mess. ?We had a river going down the
street, over the curbs. ?Fortunately we're on the high
side and only had water that seeped below the window
wells and the usual back wall of the cellar. ?Neighbors
lost furnaces, and pile of stuff.

Nancy in Pgh, City of Champions

Get dry there Nancy and hopefully you can stitch soon.

Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.
With no rain since Sat and 80+ temps we are drying out.

Today I finally visited the only LNS left without driving
clear to the other side of Pittsbugh. It's all
needlepoint with almost all painted canvases. But...
I discovered they have Watercolors and other specialty
threads I was figuring I'd have to order online. I picked
a colorways for Laura Perin's Winter Wind. As soon
as I make more progress on the xs I'll start it.
Too bad they didn't have any charts.

Nancy in Pgh, City of Champions

I used to have a crazy quilt store fairly near by that had Weekes and GAST
and Caron and her own flosses (dyed to go with her favorite fabrics). She
had beads and charms and buttons. But her little town square decided to go
upscale and she couldn't afford her rent anymore and she didn't want to do
the e-business thing.

So cherish this place.

Cheryl
(the damp)