Old August 7th 03, 08:59 PM
Ophelia

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article ,
(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

I once Baked a Plastic cake plate with the see through cover ,,,,
museum piece for sure !!!!
mirjam

"SlinkyToy" wrote ...
My mother gave me a set of melamine mixing bowls when I got my first
apartment. My roomie, being the non-cooking dweeb that he was,

thought
they
were stoneware (they were the fake white sponge over blue enamel

motif)
and
put one in the oven. We had to replace the stove.

Odd how many of our kitchen disasters are not cooking related. g
Katherine

Katherine, have you ever roasted a chicken with the neck and gibblet parts
tucked in side a plastic sealed bag inside the cavity of the
chicken.....the very first time a cooked a chicken on my own, I did
that.....or..... get the little plastic cushion under a roast, stuck in
the roasting pan....yak yak...... has happend to me as well.

I have too Also once when we were living in Germany Samm (my daughter)
and I were making Christmas dinner. She was taking are of the stock for
the sauce, using the giblets. She strained the giblets into the sink

Ophelia who had no gravy