Old July 28th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

Default What do you think of Babylock?

If you are talking about the Babylock QCP (Quilters Choice Pro). I had
that machine and recently sold it with my frame. I also have the
Brother 1500S and can tell you that they are absolutely identical
(although some will argue one is better than the other). Inside and
out, the only thing different was the color of the stripes.

I still use the Brother for all of my quilting tasks. It is an amazing
machine and incredibly sturdy. The one thing I don't like is that it
has only a needle down button, not a needle up. I love the pinfeed.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:27:52 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

I am on the cusp of trading my Janome 5700 for a mechanical machine.
I've tried both the Janome 1600 and the Babylock model that's
comparable and find (disconcertingly) that I like the Babylock better.
Although it's lighter, it seems quieter and smoother. Also, it has an
extended bed and the Janome doesn't.

Have any of you had experience with Babylock? Please let me know....
our Janome dealer just folded and now we only have one sewing machine
shop in town. They carry Bernina and Babylock....

Sunny

Linda
PATCHogue, NY