Old August 4th 14, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Finally the Flower Garden Quilt Top

On 04/08/2014 15:55, wrote:
This quilt top is from "The Quilter Magazine" year 2013. I have already cut out the 30 sets of pieces that make up the quilt top. Yesterday I started sewing the blocks to gather. This is a challenge for me because there are 12 half squares in each block, two different sizes. Progress is slow as I only sewed 4 blocks which took me all afternoon. I tie all my strings by hand which is why it took so long. Will keep you all posted on my progress. I graphed this out to make it 11 inch block instead of a 6 inch. Also changing the leaf to make it larger. One thing I learned is when you change something it effects most of the other pieces.
Sandy$ in Idaho

It's me again - trying to save you any potential problem.
It is as well to make up one block in its entirety, before you cut all
the fabric into pieces for the whole quilt - especially as you have
changed from the original size.
You might find it irritating to make up one block first - but you would
be even more annoyed if there was some small thing which didn't quite
work and you had cut all the fabric.
When you hear these little tips, you needn't ask where I/we got the
caution from gg

Pat on the green