Old November 2nd 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lucille[_3_]

Default AAAaaaaa!!!!.. I'm a few yards short on yarn to finish...

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
YW wrote:

it is 3/4 sleeve and it doesn't make sense to make sleeves shorter:
it's supposed to be warm cardigan....

Pull out cuffs and make contrast collar (button band)and cuffs.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Depending on the style, if it's plain I would probably buy a matching tweedy
yarn and do the cuffs, bottom band and button band in the tweed. Then you
could make patches for the elbows and pockets in the tweed to pull it all
together. You could even add a collar in the tweed.

Ask me how I know that works? I'm sure you can figure out that I've had the
same problem in the past and that's how I solved it.

Lucille