Old September 24th 05, 10:36 PM
David Sky

I've seen these words or abbreviations several times, what do they mean? -

wips, pigs, fos, ufos(?)

I take it dh is dear hubby, ds dear son, etc.?

any others I should know about?

Thanks,

David

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Katherine wrote:

P rojects
I n
G rocery
S acks.

HTH
Katherine

wrote:
Hi Karen: Congrats on the new job, hope everything works out well
for you.
Could you please tell me what PIGS means? I know what WIPS and FOs
are, but don't recall hearing about pigs. Thanks!
Marie and the cats

Karen in MN wrote:
Same situation, except I don't always get to read them as much as I
want, sometimes by the time I get on here, there are SO many posts,
I can't get through them all! New job after several years of
mostly unemployment due to downsizing is keeping me busy.

Carol, I'm sorry about your DS and his accident! I can vouch for
the Saturns though, I'm on my third Saturn now and wouldn't have
anything else. My accident last year was in my Saturn sedan (slammed
into very hard by an SUV while stopped at a light and pushed into
another SUV), and while I ended up with a cracked vertebrae in my
back, I did not have any other injuries (not even a visible bruise)
and did not require any medical treatment beyond the Xrays and
ibuprofen.

Not doing anywhere near as much knitting as I'd like to, but somehow
I have still been able to shop a couple times when there is a sale.
Too many WIPS and PIGS, and not enough FOs. One of these days
I'll get settled back into a routine again.

Karen in MN

"Carol in TN" wrote in message
I must admit that I am in the same situation as Sarah. I read the
messages everyday but have not posted.
I have moved just a month ago and am still putting things away (and
then sometimes moving them around). Still cleaning and replacing
some things because I seem to be nutty about living in someone
else's dirt.
The day that I sold the old house and bought the new house, my DS
totaled my car. He got out without a scratch so I could be a
spokesperson for Saturn vehicles if asked.
Just lots going on but I would miss y'all if I could not read your
messages. Keep posting and keep me giggling.
Carol in Nashville, TN

"Sarah Carter" wrote in message
Just thought I'd say hello as I haven't really posted in ages.

Self employment is keeping me _very_ busy. Far too much to do, but
I managed to catch up with most of the newsgroup posts yesterday,
so in theory I'm up to date!

Admittedly, I still haven't unpacked all of the boxes from when we
moved house last November, so I should be doing that, but the lure
of the newsgroup brought me here again )

Sarah
--
http://www.pookledo.com