Old July 20th 10, 01:28 PM
rexrayenz rexrayenz is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G H Ireland[_2_] View Post
In article , Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
2. Use a stronger metal. yellow golds and high karat golds are softer,
so
they
wear down faster. Use a harder or more wear resistant metal (18K white
gold,
for example.

Some years ago, I used to make a few bracelets from stainless steel. Is it a
practical proposition to mount cubic zirconia "jewels" in them? There was a
fair amount of shock when the bracelet was closed
...Using epoxy-glue gave a poor result, either because the glue spoiled the
refectivity of the stone, or the shock loosened it.

I am only a hobbyist, so please do nto waste too much tiime on this.

With kind regards to all thos who provide me with much entertainment and
information on this site
- G.H.Ireland

--
/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services