Old January 30th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Andrew Werby

Default Asbestos-Followup

wrote in message
Well some kind soul from some jewelry list was kind enough to send me
some asbestos powder. It arrived in the post today & I can't wait to
start using it!
In case anyone was wondering.

Don't Taze Me Frosty!

[What do you need it for? Most former asbestos applications use substiutions
now, using safer constituents. I'm not sure the "kind soul" did you any
favor here. Asbestos particles settle deep in the lungs, where they cause
irreversible damage, up to and including cancer. And it's not a matter of
dosage - a single microfiber can get a tumor started. Spread asbestos around
your place, and it will take a major cleanup effort (lots of guys in paper
suits with breathing apparatus) to get rid of it even partially. But maybe
you can apply to be a Superfund site...]

Andrew Werby
www.unitedartworks.com