Old October 10th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Bashley

Default Melted Lead Lamp Shades?

Thanks anyway.

brian

glassman wrote:
"Bashley" wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy - New to the group. Been into stained glass for about 10 years.
Mostly windows, some lampshades and candle holders, etc. Arts and
crafts and prairie style mostly. Anyway - I was wondering if anyone
knew how the commercial stained/leaded glass lampshade makers make
their shades. I mean, it sure isn't came that they are using. It
often looks as though they laid the glass out on a pattern with gaps
between the pieces and then poured melted lead in the gaps. Does
anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Brian

I've seen and repaired some of these. I am totally in the dark as to
how/why they made them like this. I think Java had a link to a site about
it?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com