Old February 9th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default pattern seeking

How about something in Feather and Fan? Its garter stitch, mostly,
but certainly not plain. The basic pattern is

Multiple of 18

Rows 1, 2, & 4: Knit.
Row 3: (knit 2 tog) 3x, (yo, k1) 6x, (knit 2 tog) 3x

You can make each pattern repeat on any number evenly divisible by 3
that produces a number divisible by 2, if that makes any sense. The
pattern is created in three units: decreases, increases, decreases.
You must be able to make AS MANY decreases as you do increases, and
the two must be balanced symmetrically.

Add a garter stitch upper and lower edge, the sides will take care of
themselves.

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:30:03 +0000 (UTC), enigma
spewed forth :

i'm looking for a knitting pattern for a nice shawl or lapghan
to make for my grandma's 101st birthday in May. i'm not a fast
knitter so something fast & easy would be best, i think, but
something with more pizazz than plain garter stitch.
it *has* to be knit, as my crochet talents extend only to cat
toys
any suggestions?
lee

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...