Old April 1st 08, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

Default Colors

Mirjam,

Sorry it took so long to answer.

I feel the same way about colors, the time that I am in changes my
favorite color.

I ask Gail many times what colors I shold use on a project, 70% or more
I go by her advice. She can quote the color wheel to you by memory
almost, that is a big help some times.

Yes, color can talk, it can make a strong statement, sometimes over the
edge.
Dennis

wrote:
Dennis was intersted in Hesira`s work with colors ,, and i suggested
that we could all discuss it here .

Colors are a natural gift, but the way we see colors is partly
influencedby by the health of our eyes and genetics , while our
reaction to ceratain colors might be influenced by our culture [and a
lot of times by economy].
Some cultures regard black as a SAD cvolor , some think White is the
sad color.

I personally think and feel that colors `TALK ` to me. I am facinated
by Multy colored objects , threads and cloth, i preffer them over
monochromatic things.

If asked what my favorite color is i would not really know i have some
favorites , but they might change, with seasons, or moods.

I learned that in fiber one color influences it`s neighbours, in
weaving , knitting crochet. I have learned that i have to really LOOK
at a color to absorb it to hear it`s voice , to see how we can WORK
TOGETHER ,,,,
mirjam