Old September 20th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Do you keep a bead inventory?

Now with hind sight I wished I had.
I have just been rummaging behind my beading desk to see if I could find
the wire knitter that I have.

I pulled out a box and in are 31 vintage crystal necklaces with a total
of 48 strands. These were antique fair finds. I got to be known as the
lady who was always looking for crystal beads. Stall holders would keep
them for me and I felt compelled to buy. I hated to disappoint them by
refusing. The prices were always good, only a few pounds each. I have
not been to an antique fair now for about 2 years,

In the first instance I started to collect them because I wanted to make
a beaded lampshade. Never did make one apart from putting a beaded
fringe round a plain cream lampshade.

All the other beads I have are in drawers and boxes. I did at one time
have drawers labelled with colours, crystals, delica's and so forth.
Alas though some drawers got too full and other beads were pushed in. It
is a mega search for some of the beads.

How I wished I had kept a record of where and when and how much the
beads cost when I got them. Also where I put them.
Memories plays tricks as one gets older.

There still a lot of beads that were in my BFNR still in the drawers. In
another box are the beads that I bought in Amsterdam when I met Bart
there. He took DH and I to shops that we would never have found If we
had been on our own.
Still think of you Bart if you are reading this.

Hope everyone is okay
Hugs
Shirley
--