Old February 11th 04, 12:16 AM
meijhana

somebody just brought that up over there.

And even if you are a "beginner" or a "hobbyist", you still at need to price
it to a certain minimum, not just "enough to get costs back" and there are
those who don't even do that!!! But I wouldn't expect to pay $150 for a
strand of 10 beads, without corina's, or Kandice's name behind them,
especially if I see uneven dots, 2 bubbles where one should be, uneven
holes, beadrelease still in them, etc.

That's where the fact that you should pay yourself for time, but at a rate
of what your learning level is. You wouldn't expect to pay someone who just
got out of plumbing school the same as a person who has been doing it for 20
years (or someone who has been apprenticing for 6 months, etc). Time in
grade/pay needs to be accounted for.

mary

--
Mr. Winky says "Glass shards are beautiful, but they can be painful." --
www.shardsoglass.com

HandcraftedJewelry.com
http://snipurl.com/45w5
check out my store!
"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Another thing about the admonishment to raise prices, is that is true only
of professional work, and I would guess that there are more hobbyist and
learning beadmakers out there than there are professionals.

Tina

"meijhana" wrote in message
I was impressed by this, and wanted to share!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...73#post2015373

I think we should adopt it as jewelry designers, too (and that means

you,
too, Harry, both as a jewelry designer and as a supplies crafter). Too

many
times do we hear "I just want to get my money back", and with this, I

think
we can start to educate others, both as buyer and as fellow seller.

Mary