Old June 22nd 05, 07:11 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/22/05 1:17 PM, in article V2hue.1778339$6l.1262917@pd7tw2no, "Maureen
In Vancouver, B.C." wrote:

20 years ago my boyfriend of one month bought me a white metal lamp for my
stitching. It was the boom arm type that swivelled on a base that clamped
to the table. It had a big magnifying glass and circular flourescent light
tube in it. That boyfriend became my DH the following year, and he and that
lamp have been at my side ever since. But last week I swung the lamp into
place over my lap frame, and the whole head came off in my hands. There was
a little metal plate that attached the light head to the boom arm, and it
has pulled through the metal. Now the lamp head is just hanging here by the
cable, and I find I can no longer stitch without it! The local lamp store
is only interested in selling me a new one, so I'm going to try a welding
shop today to see if they can maybe put my lamp back together again. I sure
hope this doesn't mean DH is going to fall apart next! LOL

Maureen

Oh dear - I hope not!