Old July 6th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

Funny how many posts this thread generated!!

If you were to join a blindness-related list and posted your response
_after_ someone else's message, you'd _very_ quickly get flamed by irate
screen reader users!!!!

And thanks for the link - when I want to respond to several points in an
email or post, I do interweave but start each person's text with their name
and my name and response:

Person: [quoted text]

David: [response]

and so on... This keeps text very clear as to who wrote what, especially
since it can get annoying hearing all those signes repeatedly spoken as
"greater" or "greater greater greater...". *chuckle*

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, it was written:

Jan wrote:
"DA" don't live wrote in message
David, top posting is considered poor netiquette, and will get you
flamed in most USENET groups. Hope this explains better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
DA

Generally, I avoid top posting because I'm aware that some consider
it to be poor netiquette. However, I've never understood the reason
and don't see anything in the Wikipedia reference to explain it.
Personally, I find it is generally quicker to read top-posted
messages, especially when I have to scroll multiple times to get to
the actual post.

Try this site

http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/bottom-posting.html

Donna