Old December 26th 03, 05:05 PM
Umberto Ramirez

Default newbie questions

I'm ready to get started in polymer clay, but I have a few questions
(sorry if they seem ignorant) - I do plan on buying some books that
will hopefully also answer these questions, but any help is appreciated:

Does the clay change color (get lighter, darker, etc.) if it is baked
properly? Will sunlight fade clay or make it brittle/dry it out?

What is a good mold release (I was thinking maybe cornstarch?,
armorall?, wax paper? plastic wrap?)?

Is there anything about working with clay that can be harmful to pets?

Does the clay stick to itself before baking, or I do I need an adhesive?

What adhesives will (or will not) work in attaching paper or other
materials after baking? Will self-adhesive laminates stick to baked
clay?

Thanks for any help . . .