Old December 1st 03, 05:19 PM
azalea

Default (kinda) new to sewing

I need some advice so I thought this would be the best place ask! My
highschool semi formal is coming up in a couple of months, and I've
been searching far and wide for a dress, but to no avail. I was on the
net last night and found THE perfect dress--
http://a1624.g.akamai.net/7/1624/146...0026_5f2cb.jpg
, but I don't have nor want to pay $400 for it!

I've only made some simple skirts, nothing this elaborate. Do you guys
think that this will be too difficult for an almost newbie to make? It
doesn't look too difficult (but this is to a novice eye)...it's a
cotton poly blend, which I'm sure I could find at a fabric store, and
the ribbons would hide the seams and darts so even if I made a mistake
that could be covered. Am I completely deluding myself here? (please
say no...haha!)