Old November 12th 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

Default Model Stitching

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:22:29 -0600, "Jinx Minx"
wrote:

"Craftslady" wrote in message
I would like to get into model stitching. Not sure how to go about
it. Anyone have and suggestions.

Thank you
Craftslady

My personal opinion: don't waste your time. It's not worth it. I did
not
have a good experience when I did some a few years ago. I'd rather spend
my
time stitching things that I *like* for ME. Spending your time stitching
ugly, awful patterns for pennies on the stitch is......not fun. Tedious
almost to the point of being unbearable. It sucked all joy out of
stitching. Sounds like it would be fun -- get paid to stitch! -- but it
isn't.

Jinx

My DD did model knitting - after doing a lovely aran pattern in salmon
pink, in cheap yarn, she stopped lol

Ewww!! Positively revolting! As if the color wasn't bad enough, to have to
do so with crappy yarn is a travesty! The main reason I crochet or knit at
all is purely for the tactile pleasure it gives me.

Jinx