Old July 4th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT - Our Beloved Buffy is gone

"Laura J" wrote in message news:smBii.4348$4e5.416@trndny07...
Hi Gem,

I'm not in here much these days but I saw your post and just had to reply.
I am so sorry to hear about Buffy. I know how much she means to you and
Matthew. I still can picture the photo you sent of her in my head. My
thoughts are with you two and Casper too (it must be lonely and confusing
for him).

LauraJ

Thank you, Laura! Matthew and I are slowly adjusting, although I have to
admit to finding myself turning on the laundryroom light a couple of times
to check on Buffy like I always used to while passing the door.

Casper seemed a bit lost yesterday and again for most of the day today.
Everytime I let him out he would stop and look back at me as if to say
"Where's Buffy? Why am I out here alone?", so I would go out and walk up the
back yard with him. He walked along slowly and went straight to Buffy's
grave, sniffed it, moved off to the other corner of the yard to relieve
himself and then back to the house to come inside. This afternoon however,
I spotted the Frisbee I had bought at the dollar store a few weeks ago and
took it outside with me. Casper had never seen one of those before, so
after he relieved himself I sent it sailing into the air. His eyes
brightened up and his tail wagged happily and he got a happy puppy smile on
his face again as he ran and jumped to try to catch the Frisbee. He had a
lot of fun and even managed to catch it once, and came very close a few
other times. Later on, when he was going out just before supper, I had
Matthew go out with him and take along the Frisbee. They both had fun
playing and Casper was tired enough to have a nice long nap while we were
eating our supper. *sigh* Life goes on, but Buffy will always be in all
of our hearts!

*hugs*
Gem