Old August 1st 03, 05:30 PM
Ellice

On 8/1/03 12:13 PM,"Pat Porter" posted:

LOL! I had one too, Ellice! I`d also like to add that I`m not the designer
that Victoria mentions, although one designer did email me to warn me about
her in a similar vein ages ago when the Gnat first arrived on the scene.

I can only say that the post must have really distressed her, and she sent
mails to whoever's address showed in the header reference chain.

However, since the same designer also warned me about Victoria ...... which
should at least give Victoria a laugh, since we get on fine even if we don`t
ALWAYS agree!

Well, I think that's true about many of us. We get along, despite our
disagreements about many subjects. Keeps life interesting.

As I say, I feel sorry for the poor girl (Gnat, not Viv), but I also feel
sorry for anyone involved.

It's a mess, as I understand it. Poor thing is clearly having problems, and
choosing to believe her mails to me, is trying to work things out so that
it's all sorted. I might not agree with her approach, but she assures me
that she's trying to do things which will settle her business obligations.
It might not be the best way, IMO, but at least it's something. Clearly,
she's dealing with some emotional fragility and taking too much to heart
what's said on a usenet group, well, that could do damage to anyone. I
think your guess might not be far off - but who knows.

Anyhow, I now really do have to go and do business errands - like pay the
county for my business license (which notice of renewal got lost in the
mail) and renew Puckster's tag. After all - if he's going to witness for me
- he must be legal! I've just been outside, and had my own little trauma - I
think puckster brought a rescue trophy to the back door. There appears to be
what looks like a dead little bird, and I cannot deal with dead wee things.
Or it's the strangest looking piece of tree branch I've ever seen. Puckster
doesn't ever attack any animals, but we've caught him standing guard over a
squirrel that fell from a nest before. Never chases the birds, though he
does like to look. So, I think he must've found it, and brought it to the
door for help. Yuck. Only the 2nd trophy he's ever brought to the door.

Oh, well. Happy stitchin' gang,
ellice