Old October 18th 18, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

Default Judaica/Jewish themed designs

On 10/17/2018 12:37 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 07:27:21 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 8:10:14 PM UTC-5, Anne wrote:
On Friday, June 22, 2001 at 6:58:46 PM UTC-4, Martha Fletcher wrote:
Does anyone know of any good designers/sites for Jewish theme projects?

My girlfriend is jewish and I like to make gifts for her. I can only
hope that whatever is patterned in hebrew is spelled correctly as I am
not jewish and cannot read hebrew.

My sisters, my mom and I embroidered for her a stamped cross stitch
Seder table cloth and matching napkins. It came out wonderfully and
thank goodness the hebrew was correct and in the right direction! I had
purchased it from a clearance table at the Stitching Post in
Catonsville, MD.

My mom embroidered for her a rainbow colored Hebrew Alphabet that was in
one of the ladies magazines and all the letters are in reverse order! We
all got a laugh and Tami loves it just the same!

Thank you in advance!
Martha

Martha, See if there are any Pomegranite Guilds near you. That is a Jewish embroidery guild and I am sure they would he happy to help you. If you can't find one near you, post back here and I will ask the local one (which cooperates with our local EGA chapter) if they can tell me of one in your area.
Anne

I hate to tell you this, but Martha will probably not see this response. Note the date she posted was in 2001!!!

Hopefully your response will be helpful to someone!

Joan

I thought there was a post until I saw the date I think when
Mavia solicited everyone to go to FB she was clearly successful, only
two or three of us left now. I don't do FB and was interested to
learn from Mozilla about FB selling phone numbers to companies who
wanted to do ads, it finally explained to me why I do not get those
annoying phone calls like most of the people I know!

I don't do FB either but I still get the annoying phone calls,
especially the ones spoofing my area code and exchange. Thank
heavens for caller ID! I hardly ever answer my phone anymore unless
I know the caller!

---
https://www.avg.com