Old September 6th 04, 10:28 PM
Kristen

My roommate wanted to use Homespun on her poncho but I quickly told her she
couldn't use it if she wanted fringe! I used TLC Amore yarn, while she
chose to use some Wool-Ease. I finished mine over the weekend and have been
commissioned to make two more, and to finish one I'd started out of scrap
yarn to test out the pattern (of course, I'm not going to have enough of the
scrap to finish, by just barely, so I"ll have to buy another skein of it).
This one works up very quickly!

~Kristen

"Seaspray" wrote in message
I am just finishing my DD's poncho in which I used Homespun yarn. This
particular yarn does fray at the ends. She wants fringe and I was

reluctant
to do it, but she asked me to add beads on the ends of the fringe, along
with a knot after the bead. Seems that she saw that in a store at the

mall.
This may be another alternative in using beads in crochet.

I am gonna try this and see how it turns out. I won't put a bead at each
fringe end, but just some of them.

Diane
_____________________
"Elizabeth Naime" wrote in message
Quoth Angela on Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:13:56
+0800,

Just had an idea - I think putting in tiny shiny beads would make the

poncho
"shimmer" and look even more glamourous. Hmm!

Heh, the fashion trend hasn't gone that far yet. Bet your first beaded
fishnet poncho becomes a trendsetter! It does seem a great idea!

Time for me to learn how to add beads to my stitches.

Load the beads on the thread/yarn first, then bring them into the work
one at a time. Hmm you will not want to use a fluffy thread/yarn if you
go this route -- there will be a LOT of beads on your waiting yarn!

A picture is worth a thousand words, and this site is useful:

http://beadcrochet.com/

Another tried and true method is to string the beads on a very strong,
light, inconspicuous thread and carry it along with the heavier,
textured and/or otherwise hard to string many beads onto main
thread/yarn.You'd work it the same way, just using the two threads
together.

Only know that there is no spork.