Old October 28th 03, 04:13 PM
Sarah Carter

NoraBalcer wrote in message =

The first thing that I crocheted was a granny square. You use a chain =

and our
double crochet stitch and my Mom told me those are the basic ones you =

need to
know. Also our single crochet too. Yes, I'm here in the US.

Hi there...

I figured that the 6x6 swap was the perect opportunity to learn and =
practise, so I've done a few in "half double crochet" (or it might have =
been double crochet?). I tried the treble crochet today but managed to =
fail miserably. Maybe I'll have another go at that one tomorrow )

I'm really enjoying it though. It grows much faster than knitting does =
and seems to make a more hard wearing material with the the yarn.

I can remember trying to do single crochet when I was little. My mum =
knew the basics so showed me how to do SC, but wasn't confident with =
corners, so I had a crocheted yarn frisbee!

Sarah
--=20