Old March 1st 08, 10:43 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Emily Bengston

Default How to remove a glued-in shirt label

On 3/1/08 7:49 AM, in article
, "Veloise"
wrote:

Mary wrote:
I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price sticker -
not that there are many in these days of bar codes and most stickers are
peelable anyway, aren't they?

Life's too short.

Rather than live with the Minnie Pearl look, I remove stickers from
the hard-surfaced items to which they are affixed. Drinkware, lamp
bodies, picture frames and mirrors to name just a few. Goo Gone.

One of my favorite thrifts writes prices using a grease pencil. Again,
Goo Gone.

HTH

--Karen D.

The only label I will not remove is the one on the Waterford crystal
Tiffany-style lamp; I threw a fit when I had a cleaning woman, in for the
day, tried to remove it. She has not returned, either.
When I pass it to my DGD on her wedding day, she can do as she pleases;
but for now that sticker label stays.
Emily