Old April 5th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
twinkiesmom

Default Pigment Powder and Polymer Clay

On Mar 18, 10:34 am, D Curtis wrote:
The fun thing about pigments, such as Pearl-ex, is that you can do what
you like with them. You can mix it into the clay, brush it on the
surface before you bake, and brush it on after curing. You can even do
all three on the same piece! It all depends on what effect you wish to
achieve.
The only tip I have about pearl-ex after baking is that it can move
about a bit when you apply a sealant on it. Sometimes thats a good thing
too.
Dianahttp://duet.etsy.com

k9trainer1417 wrote:
I'm new to polymer clay and am interested in using pigment powder to
get interesting effects. But how do you use it? Should be mixed
through the clay, brushed on a piece before firing, or added after
firing? Any suggestions? Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Pearl Ex doesn't include a binder to adhere to the clay, so I mix with
liquid polymer clay, or seal afterward. The other brand (Perfect
Pearls?) reportedly includes a binder.