Old March 31st 05, 12:49 AM
Carey N.

"Naomah" wrote in message
My DMIL gave me her knitting machine. It is German as is she. She gave

me
a big bag of fine yarn to use with it. It is fine sport weight or even

baby
weight. If anyone is familiar with these contraptions I can look for the
brand. I kind of want to use it since I love knit sweaters and have 3

grown
daughters and 1 grown granddaughter to make stuff for if I were so

inclined.
I am a crocheter and embroiderer, not a knitter. Any good web sites that
may be helpful would be great, too.

--
Naomah
www.phoenixxstitch.net (a work in progress)

Naomah,
You might check out the
, as well as
BrotherKnittingMachines&yahoogroups.com. If it is a metal bed machine, it
could be a Brother, Emprisal, Passap, or one of many others that have been
made in the past so they would stand the test of time. Also, check out the
knitting machines for sale on EBAY; you might see one that looks like yours,
or tools yours needs. Take the DOG out to reply direct if you have further
questions I might be able to answer, as I do not generally read this
newsgroup.
Regards,
Carey in MA