Old July 2nd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Default Can not use a thimble?

I just got one at my LQS. Cost was between 2-2.50 if I remember
correctly. Haven't had much luck with it, I bought too big. I guess
on one of the days my fingers are bigger (arthiritis) it will be good.
There are different styles. indentions on the end and round ends etc.
There are also pretty colors, makes them easier to find.
Anna Belle

Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:23:10 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Thank you, Pati. My fingertips are rather square and most thimbles taper
where mine do not. The silicon ones might be flexible enough to work for
me. Are they hard to find? Polly

"Pati C." wrote in message
I love my soft, flexible thimbles. I think they are silicon but feel sort
of rubbery. Got used to wearing a thimble when working in a men's
alterations tailor shop.... it was a necessity. VBG But I rust metal
thimbles out from the inside. I was afraid the "rubber" thimbles would
make my finger even hotter/sweatier but they don't. There are small ridges
around the inside that help with air circulation. And they are very light
weight. G

Pati, in Phx