Old July 1st 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_5_]

Default Can not use a thimble?

I keep my leather "sticky pad" on the (plastic) part of my thread scissors -
just above where the blades are. Works great & they last a long time.
ME-Judy

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Have you never tried the little sticky back pads made specifically for
this purpose? I have acrylic nails and can't use a thimble either but the
little sticky pads work a treat!! Nice round suede ones are available but
they are a tad $$$ (compared to the plastic ones) so I often use the heavy
clear plastic oval ones instead. :-). AND when you take the little pad
off, you can use it over again several times if you are careful and stick
it back on the paper it came with. That makes it even better and REALLY
worth the $$$ spent --
frugal is GOOD LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary