Old August 20th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Default knitting smarter was Knitting speed ??

Tara wrote:

Aha, a product person. :-)

I find folks are either process driven or product driven. The Other
Kim sound process driven, as I am myself.

Process people are happy enough to make a dozen square foot samples of
different stitches. Even to the point of ripping out a square to try
a different pattern with the yarn.

Product people make them into a sampler afghan. :-)

I'm actually a combination of the two. I won't buy a yarn just because
I like the way it feels or looks; I need to have a specific project in
mind before even starting to shop for yarn. I've never had the urge to
just knit up a bunch of squares for fun; my knitting has to have a final
destination, and I've never done a sampler afghan because I hate putting
things together (which explains why I sometimes wait months to have
completely finished items once the actual knitting is done. If I could
find someone locally who would sew things together for me I'd be
ecstatic).

I have ripped out an entire back of a sweater because I just didn't like
the way the stitches looked. I'm a bit of a perfectionist in this
respect. I know that the average person won't notice a missed purl in
some patterns, but if I can see it without much effort it gets ripped.

I guess that, like so many of us, I can't really be categorized as pure
process or pure project. I just love knitting. I've done other forms
of needlework over the years but always come back to my first love g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom