Old July 14th 03, 05:03 AM
ROBB

(Ed Lamoureux) wrote in message
. ..
(linda) wrote in message
. ..
Help-I have an old Sapphire faceting machine and the belt is just
about gone...Does anyone know where I might get such a
belt

Try looking in the "Power Transmission" section of the McMaster-Carr
catalog at
http://www.mcmaster.com

Ed

You can find round synthetic belts like this in some power
transmission places where they might sell V belts.

Cut the belt to fit and weld the butt ends togather so a small ridge
is produced showing fusion.
Grind away the little protruding ridge .

Some failure is not uncommon. if it breaks at the splice, just reheat
untill melting and make sure it is clean. cut the ends square with a
razor blade.

Robb.