Old August 9th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default GRRRRRR!

Joan, that would have been terrible if it had been full crosses so consider
yourself lucky. LOL. I am close to the finish on my project and discovered
a symbol that isn't listed so I had to do some guess work by looking at the
photo and going from that.
Sharon in MN

"Joan Erickson" wrote in message
news
This falls under the heading of Reading Is A Good Thing with a subheading
of Read Carefully 2 Or Even 3 Times Before Starting.

I'm about 2/3 done with my current project, a Victorian house. I've been
working on the "trees" on the sides and am nearly done. I just noticed
last week that 2 symbols use the same blended threads and thought, Huh.
Didn't think too much about it because one was a half cross and the other
a full cross, so okay.

Then last night, as I was getting even closer to the end, I found out that
the half cross was supposed to be *3* strands, not 2. GRRRRR!

So, I spent the time I should have been nearly completing *all* the trees
going over the half crosses a 2nd time. Thankfully it wasn't on the full
crosses, because that would have been much harder and I probably wouldn't
have bothered.

And yes, I can tell a difference in the areas I have restitched, so I'm
glad in the end that I put in the effort.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown