Old May 21st 10, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default OT-Reading Materials

Lucille wrote:

"Monica Ferris" wrote in message
On May 20, 12:37 pm, "Lucille" wrote:
I just got my new Kindle and now I have to add a book. Since this is a
virgin, I want that book to be a really good read. Not the great
American
novel, just something entertaining. I love mysteries and contemporary
novels. Pretty much anything but Harlequin Romance.

Any suggestions?

Not to beat my own drum (much!) and to pull this back to slightly on
topic, you could download one of my mysteries in the Betsy Devonshire
mystery series. Set in and around a needlework shop in Excelsior,
Minnesota, they are light and cozy -- comfort reads, really. Titles
Crewel World, Framed in Lace, A Stitch in time, Unraveled Sleeve, A
Murderous Yarn, Hanging by a Thread, Cutwork, Crewel Yule, Embroidered
Truths, Sins and Needles, Knitting Bones, Thai Die, and Blackwork.
Forthcoming is Buttons and Bones.

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

Beat Away. Gillian visited me yesterday and told me, along with several
others, that I should be reading your books and I promise I will. They
do sound delightful. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how I missed
them in the past.

I promised myself to read them now.

Lucille

Lucille, I will put the first two or three in the mail to you. Then you
can see if you want to read more. They are paperbacks, and lightweight,
so you don't have to schlepp anything heavy with you.

They are enjoyable, and the characters are definitely interesting...and
different. They follow through from one book to the next, so I prefer
reading them in sequence.

Gill