Old August 23rd 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

On 8/22/09 11:05 PM, in article
, "Dwyn"
wrote:

On Aug 21, 10:19*pm, "Heather" wrote:
Hmmm, if I called it "sage green" would you like it better?? *I happen to
LOVE sage green and am trying to imagine whether khaki is different. *Is it?
Just a thought.

Cheers...Heather

Mebbe.

If I had been more aggressive with the reduction (for the bronzey
highlights) or just plain expecting this colour - I might be liking it
better. I also am really unhappy with the hands - that doesn't help.
If I thought of her as the "Sage Goddess" - it would probably be ok -
but instead - I think of her as "the Green Army Guys Goddess."

To put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, I offer these pictures
as proof of my point.
http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...=entertainment
Goddess beads in green - not so much. :-P

I rather like her - reminds (as now doubt she's supposed) those Venus
figures from Neolithic times. The color looks like the patina you can get on
copper in the garden.

Cheryl