Old March 22nd 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default How Shall I Quilt It?

Terrilee:
The quilting pattern ... always a challenge! I would suggest quilting each
quarter of the center block individually ... perhaps a concentric circles.
The brown border looks almost solid. If so, you can quilt words on it. If
not, maybe a cable. Both black borders could support words, if you choose. I
suggest words because I see the print features eagles and I was thinking of
scripture verses that mention eagles. If that is not appropriate, a song
about eagles ("Wind beneath your wings") might work ... parents surely act
as such to the babes and kiddies. Gotta go work on my own blocks now. TTFN,
PAT in VA/USA

"TerriLee in WA" wrote in message
So, I finished a baby quilt today, flannel on both sides, non-flam
batting in the middle. All basted. There's a pic on the last page of
my quilting album at webshots. Just says "Baby Quilt". I know I want
to do a stencilled cable in the outside border (yes, it is black).
Does anyone have suggestions on how to quilt the center? Maybe I'm
just tired, but nothing I've thought of seems to be what it wants. If
it helps, the gray rounds are eagles, in various flight and non-flight
positions. The feline QI, Jazmyn, has already inspected it, and says
so far, it passes.

Thanks in advance,

TerriLee in WA (state)
http://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop