Old October 1st 04, 06:15 PM
Patti

Default Flower holder

For those of you who like to make small, different things for Christmas
and other presents:

Earlier this week I popped into a florist's. On their wall, I saw a
beautiful purple, silk-looking 'thing'. I asked what it was for.
Carrying gift flowers, she said. What a fabulous idea I thought!
So: it was about 18" high/long, tapered from about 6" square at the
open end to about 2" square at the closed end, with two fabric handles
at the top. It was made from four tapered panels, simply joined on the
outside. It wasn't silk! and wasn't lined.
But, I thought, with all the ingenuity here, it could be made just like
this, or conical, lined ... and so on. And a patchwork one would look
so special.
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill