Old January 25th 04, 10:47 PM
Lin706

First question - what is a good all around, not dreadfully expensive
light to get? Next question - safety. Umm, are Ott lights and their
like halogen lamps? I've know of halogen lights causing fires from
the heat of the bulb and that bothers me, particularly since I'd
rather do needlework than dust.

I have an Ott light floor lamp. I bought it at JoAnn's with a 40% off coupon,
so the end price was around $90. The bulb doesn't get hot and it has made it
much easier to see while stitching. I also got my Mom one. She has no vision
in one eye due to macular degeneration but still likes to do some stitching,
reading and crossword puzzles. The Ott light is working well for her.

Linda