Old January 24th 04, 06:59 PM
Jenn Ridley

Janet Rice wrote:

Umm, are Ott lights and their
like halogen lamps?

No. Ott lights are fluorescent lights. They run even cooler than
incandescent lights.

I've known of halogen lights causing fires from
the heat of the bulb and that bothers me, particularly since I'd
rather do needlework than dust.

With proper shielding (and new halogen lamps aren't sold without
proper shielding) halogen lights are as safe as incandescents.

Any suggestions for good lighting are most welcome.

I currently have an Ott floor lamp by my stitching chair, although I
rarely use it. I find that the 100W equivalent fluorescent in the
reading lamp next to the chair is sufficient.

My mom has a tensor daylight floor lamp in her stitching area. It's
very similar to the Ott light, but less expensive. (My Ott was a gift
from DH.)

I have Chromalux tru-light incandescent bulbs in the task lights in
the sewing room, and those are quite nice. Daylight balanced, quite
bright, and fit standard incandescent fixtures.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

WIP: Art Stitch Rose Trio, Emperor's Coat, Stretch, Halloween Circle
Most recently Finished: Santa Christmas Stocking, Will Work for Freezer Space, Turnberry Ridge