Old January 15th 04, 12:10 AM
Pat P

Up and down, thanks, everyone. Sudden dash to hospital emergency last week
with cardiac failure, fluid on the lungs, (and general fluid retention) and
congestion of the liver (and no, he doesn`t drink much at all - just a
whisky most nights) They gave him a thorough going over and rejig of his
medications, and he does feel a lot better, but still weak. He had a bad
spell this morning as a matter of fact, and still has more blood tests to
go - and a visit to the cardiologist in the next week or so - just waiting
for the letter from the hospital. It`s getting him down a bit, as he`s
never felt so ill in his life before, and it`s been going on for so long! In
fact he`s only evr had one day off work as long as I`ve known him (more than
50 years). He so much appreciates all the messages he`s been getting - as do
I!

Just to add to his troubles he reached behind him to pull out a newspaper he
was sitting on and felt something "go" in his bicep. Next day I asked him
how it was "Oh fine!" he said. "Hardly hurts ar all!" but when he looked,
his arm was red/black/purple from shoulder to between his elbow and wrist!!!
Panic! I called the surgery, and the doctor called back and said not to
worry - he knew just what he`d done - ruptured a capillary. It would look
very dramatic, but nothing to worry about.

We`ll bothfeel better once he`s seen the consultant, anyway.

Pat P

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
You've been in my thoughts - how is he doing!
Cheryl