Old July 5th 04, 08:43 AM

Jack Schmidling wrote:

I have been soldering since about 10 years old
but pretty much confined to a soldering iron.

The problems of attaching gem heads with a
torch seem a bit daunting.

My current project is to be-jewel a silver
chalice with my faceted and
cabbed stones. On my practice goblet, I have
been using Crazy Glue with no problems other
than the fact that they would probably all
fall off if I dropped it.

Could someone point me to some basics on
soldering with a torch?

I have silver bearing solder that can be
melted with a hot iron but getting the base
hot enough to wet is a bit of a problem.

js

http://www.silversmithing.com/
Should have some things that are of help.
General jewlelry links for the rest.