Old July 21st 13, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Damazinah

Default Floss Organizing System ??

Cindi, how do you keep the bags from sliding down in the box? I did the same for a while, but went back to th erings because the bags kept slipping underneath one another.

Jacqueline in Central QLD

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 12:05:09 UTC+10, cara1158 wrote:
I know this is a super-old thread but I'm jumping into it anyway.

I used to use the bobbins which were great for space-saving but frankly a PITA to sit there winding them. Now I use the Floss Away ziplocs, I write the DMC number on the top edge. But I don't store them on the rings which I find rather cumbersome to store. Instead I 'file' the ziplocs in clear stackable shoe-type boxes (perfect width), in numerical order, and the boxes are marked on the fronts with the run of color numbers inside. At the end of the DMCs, I have a "miscellaneous" section of other brands, etc. When I start a project, I go through and pull the colors I need, and I loop those ziplocs onto a ring to easily carry around with the project. When I'm done I just re-file them. Also when I run out of a color, I pull the empty bag and put it in my purse to remind me to buy more.