Old September 21st 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Anna W.

Default Paint and Polymer Clay

I'm still new to polymer clay so I hope my question isn't too dumb. I also
need to say that I know absolutely nothing about paint. I covered a paper
mache box with polymer clay and used gold leaf on the top. I used a rubber
stamp (with a swirly pattern) to decorate the bottom part of the box. I even
made small bun feet for it and was quite pleased with my accomplishment. DH
mentioned that the bottom looked plain compared to the top (with the gold
leaf) and suggested using a gold paint to fill in the impression of the
rubber stamp.

So, here's my question (after all that rambling)...is there a fine-tip paint
pen (preferably metallic) that will work on polymer clay? If so, is it best
to use it before or after baking? Also, when I glaze the item, will the
paint pen smear? I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks...

Anna W. in Tx