Old January 24th 05, 07:25 AM
Telnes

Default Strands of Floss

Hello, My name is Theresa. I've been lurking for 6 weeks or so. Thought I'd
drop a line and get some tips at the same time.

I'm new to cross stitching. Years ago, I did quite a little bit of stamped
linen surface embroidery. I found a set of pillowcases that had been hanging
around for a while and decided to finish them. That was the initial steps to
what now seems almost like an obsession.

I'm trying to pace myself. I started with some bookmarks, on to finger towels,
and now I'm right in the middle of Donna Kooler's "Celebrate" sampler. I have
really high expectations and I've been collecting Paula Vaughan and Teresa
Wentzler!

My question is this - While you are working a piece what do you with partial
strands. I've been using the single strand doubled and through the loop to
start a color.. It has made a big difference in the neatness of the back. But
right now, I have a wad of strands. i.e. 2 strands left on the length of
white, 4 strands left on the yellow, 1 strand of red,light gray, dark gray,
light medium and dark blue, etc, I don't want to toss them because the colors
are used again in another section of the sampler. There has to be a better way.
Any tips?