Old September 25th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Low-fire lead-free glazes?

"5string" wrote in message
Hi. I was looking at Charles Gillespie's Cone04 - Low Fire Pottery Book
(2nd ed.), and noticed that most of the glaze recipes contain "white
lead." Does anyone know of a source of low-fire LEAD-FREE glaze recipes?
Or in the alternative, does anyone have any low-fire lead-free recipes
that they would be willing to share? Thanks.

Rick

Have you tried www/potters.org search? I believe most of the leadless
lowfire glazes use frits but you should be able to get something useful
there.